You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug Tranform in a Macro

erdi12

The Transform function uses the center point as the coordinates. 
If it is recorded as a macro, the upper left corner is used as the reference point. 
This means that when the macros are played with another file and a differently dimensioned object, 
a completely different transformation takes place. 
The reference point in the macro recording must also be the center point in order to correct the error.

What kind of transformation are you performing?

I ask because I think you can only transform to a fixed size, no matter what dimension the objects have. Macros in Photo generally record the results of any calculation, not the calculation itself. So, for example, if you have an object that is 500px wide, and you record the macro using w/2, it will record 250px. That makes macros not very useful for resizing files or objects unless they use Filters > Distort > Equations instead of the Transform panel.

I can't comment about the transformation origin, but that problem may not be meaningful to you at this point if you can't use a macro at all for what you want to do.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for that added data. Yes, with a rotation it should be OK, if that other problem didn't interfere. Perhaps someone will have an idea about that, and the added detail will provide more information.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I added a screenshot. The problem is that the reference point of the rotation relative to the object is not recorded and taken into account. A pure rotation in the panel results in a rotation, a distortion and a displacement in the macro. (See screenshot). If this is applied to another object or document, the result is no longer a pure rotation. The relative pivot point selected in the Transformation panel must be recorded and taken into account when playing the macro. The same error also leads to the same behavior in the affine transformation filter if the layer was transformed before the filter was applied. The wrong coordinate system is then used.

Transformieren_Macro_Aufzeichnung.jpg