You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When exporting to PDF and trying to go back to work with the publisher file, Publisher opens my original file and it crashes after a few seconds. There is no way to open the original publisher file anymore.

CLM

Hi,

I bought recently AFP 2.0. I am still using Monterey OS (I will install it when it is more stable).

I have problems when trying to export any publisher document to PDF.  I have never gone beyond a 10 spread document, as I need to test how it looks (the file size has ranged between 150 and 400 MB). I started using embedded files and then I swapped to linked files. I converted all my psd or jpg files to Affinity Photo 2 format, in case that was the problem.  It makes no difference if it is RGB or CMYK, they both crash. It doesn't matter if I try to make a copy of the file and rename it, it won't stay open (the problem persists even if I close the program and restart the computer). Through the different releases I keep having the same problem. I am not sure what is happening. I manage to export to a PDF, but it is impossible to keep working on my original publisher file, crash, after crash, not even the time to save to a different file. Could you please help me to figure out how to solve the problem? I attach the beginning of the latest problem report. Thank you. Clemencia

image.thumb.png.1f364e516ae0f0fd4bcbce004a21431d.png

• Staff

Could you upload the project as a zip file including the linked resources please. IT would also be usefull to get one or two of those crash reports.

are your files on a cloud sync'd drive ? - if so could you plase also try on a non-sync'd location.

Did the crashes also occur before you swapped to linked files ?

17 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Could you upload the project as a zip file including the linked resources please. IT would also be usefull to get one or two of those crash reports.

are your files on a cloud sync'd drive ? - if so could you plase also try on a non-sync'd location.

Did the crashes also occur before you swapped to linked files ?

Hi Pauls, thank you. The crash report is above, but I will attach a new one (included in the zip file).

The files are stored locally (sometimes in different folders). I didn't really have time to test if the crashes occurred with embedded files, as after a couple of files, the programme tells me it is better to change to linked files, so I have. Now every time I create a document, I use linked files. I started using jpgs and then I saved as Affinity Photo, but they also crash. I send you one of the files that I was working with, I hope I attached the right images.

Archive.zip