You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

viewing grid does not work, see attached screenshot.

Photo V2.0.4, but same for V2.0.X.

Please fix it.

Edit: Posted in wrong thread, please move if you can. Grid is OK in Designer 2 and Publisher 2.

Grid.PNG

Edited by MartinCS

1 hour ago, MartinCS said:

Hello,

viewing grid does not work, see attached screenshot.

Photo V2.0.4, but same for V2.0.X.

Please fix it.

Edit: Posted in wrong thread, please move if you can. Grid is OK in Designer 2 and Publisher 2.

Grid.PNG

Welcome to the forums !

The grid is actually working in Affinity Photo, the automatic grid is different from Designer and Publisher in that the automatic grid is a PIXEL grid, so zoom in 1500%. Change to basic to set a larger grid.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 08.32.00.png

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

9 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

The grid is actually working in Affinity Photo, the automatic grid is different from Designer and Publisher in that the automatic grid is a PIXEL grid,

The "automatic" grid in V2 is not really automatic, at least in the same way as it was in V1. In V1 it automatically changed depending on zoom level so it was always visible if enabled. In V2 it is 'stuck' on a 1x1 px grid so unless you zoom in far enough to see individual pixels it is simply hidden since otherwise it would cover the entire document.

IOW, I think it is a bug or at least a poor design decision.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

• 9 months later...
  • Staff

I'm happy to confirm that the latest beta version, Affinity Photo 2.3.0.2114 has made the following improvements:

1. The default behaviour of View > Show Grid has been returned to match Affinity Photo V1's behaviour - meaning the 'Automatic' Grid will be applied, which changes the frequency of grid subdivisions as you zoom in/zoom out.

2. A new separate Pixel Grid option is available in all Affinity apps, under View > Show Pixel Grid. You can  find out more about this feature here .

If you wish to test these changes, you can sign up for our beta program using the information below:

Many thanks for your feedback here, as it helps us to continue to improve the Affinity Suite :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)