You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help rescue old photo

See attached old, low res, scan of a photo that is beyond my ability to improve.

It would mean a lot to me if anyone could help rescue this even a bit, as it is the only photo we can find of my mother and her sisters together. Probably a forlorn hope.

old photo.jpg

You can try online ai upscaler like https://vanceai.com/image-resizer/

the image doesn‘t look to bad, colors and details are ok. Unfortunately Affinity has no AI upscaler. Other apps or online services are better suited in this specific case.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Try it yourself, there are a bunch of AI online services which offer to restore old & scratched photos etc. - Afterwards you can finetune in APh.

Hotpot.png.67a8a8206c58c15811efa53ab0de3789.png

restored-photo.png.b4f8f30d70b5ef8f1a2709d7c4655c06.png

... etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2