You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I got a new NAS and copied the data from the old one to the new one there. Now when I want to open an Affinity Publisher 2 file, I always get the error message "An error occurred connecting to the server "*********" and the file does not open.

Has anyone had the same problem?

2 hours ago, typopoint said:

Hi

I got a new NAS and copied the data from the old one to the new one there. Now when I want to open an Affinity Publisher 2 file, I always get the error message "An error occurred connecting to the server "*********" and the file does not open.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Hi @typopoint,

to sort out if this is a problem with the file itself or with the connection to your NAS I recommend to copy the file to your desktop and try to open it from there. If that works this is a hint that it might be a problem with the configuration of your new NAS.

You also can try to open different files with different applications (e.g. text documents) to see if the same problem occurs.

We have seen problems with files on network drives. But I am not sure at the moment if those problems have been resolved.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

What OS do you use?

For Windows, you can press and hold Ctrl while starting the application, and one of the settings in the Clear User Data dialog will tell it not to restore windows and documents.

On Mac the options are different, I think.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, dominik said:

I recommend to copy the file to your desktop and try to open it from there

... I will just add that it is not advisable to work directly with external files (even Serif always recommends working locally). The forum is full of requests to repair damaged files that were handled externally.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Vor 21 Minuten sagte walt.farrell:

Welches Betriebssystem verwenden Sie?

Unter Windows können Sie beim Starten der Anwendung Strg gedrückt halten, und eine der Einstellungen im Dialogfeld Benutzerdaten löschen teilt ihr an, dass sie keine Fenster und Dokumente wiederherstellen soll.

Auf dem Mac sind die Optionen unterschiedlich, denke ich.

Mac OS Ventura

6 minutes ago, typopoint said:

I tried it - unfortunately the same problem, file does not open.

Which option did you choose to reset? Can you show the full Clear User Data dialog?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks. 

From another post, possibly deleting the mru.dat file would help resolve this. You will need to adjust the path name mentioned there to apply to Publisher rather than Designer.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

The issue "App attempts to reconnect to disconnected SMB share on launch" (REF: AFB-7024) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1728".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.