MelG

Mail Share Not Functioning

The Mail share item is not functioning in Photo or Designer as it does in my other apps.

Apple’s Mail app is not my default mailer. I am using Airmail 2 as my default mailer. Airmail 2 offers two options in all the apps I have, when attempting to email something via the share menu. They are:

° Airmail Composer
° Airmail Share

These two items show up in the share menu in all my apps that allow sharing (except for Affinity Photo/Designer) and function as expected. In both of my Affinity apps, just the item Mail appears and selecting it will not bring up any mail window therefore the item cannot be mailed.

Other items in the share menu DO seem to be working as expected. I’ve included images from Apple Photos, Pixave and Affinity Designer to illustrate what I am describing.

post-5824-0-03501100-1455234373_thumb.png

post-5824-0-21855500-1455234403_thumb.png

post-5824-0-65496200-1455234531_thumb.png

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

Hi MelG

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Airmail, however I have tried some other e-mail clients and there does seem to be some issue when not using the Mac Mail app as a default. I'm unsure as to whether this is our side or something more to do with the OS, however I have passed it on to the developers

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi MelG

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Airmail, however I have tried some other e-mail clients and there does seem to be some issue when not using the Mac Mail app as a default. I'm unsure as to whether this is our side or something more to do with the OS, however I have passed it on to the developers

Cheers

Thanks for checking with other mail clients Chris_K, and I appreciate your passing it on to the developers. It's not a part of the program that I use that often, but at least I know now it's not just me. ;)

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde