You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Photo V2] Fill with Primary/Secondary Colors Shortcut woes

1. Affinity Photo comes with Fill with Primary/Secondary colors shortcuts empty (only Shift+F5 for a somewhat complete but convoluted for simple fills tool). For people jumping from certain other softwares is a bit of a pace killer. 

2. The problem is made worse because familiar shortcuts don't work: option+delete or ctrl+delete or cmd+delete will just delete the layer selected.

3. alt+enter, ctrl+enter or command+enter might have either another shortcut already or if it doesn't it does nothing.

Ended up settling for a temporary shortcut with option or control + backslash (alt+\), can get used to it but it maybe warrants a fix as it's a mayor friction point as soon as the program is just opened.

image.png.5e16d657b9c8c13e809338355939a100.png

Sorry, but I think you've posted this in the wrong spot.

It sounds like you don't like the default shortcuts that are or are not assigned. That does not make this a bug, as you're free to change them to what you want. There is no default that will please everyone. And every application requires some learning in order to use it efficiently.

Are you perhaps saying they should all be like Photoshop? If so, many of us would probably disagree with them changing, and us having to relearn how they work. But if you want to make a Feature Request for an option to set them like Photoshop that's fine. I doubt it would happen, as that might lead to additional options to make them like product X, product Y, etc.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Ah my bad, could be that it’s not clear because of how I start the sentence, maybe I should rephrase it as a shortcuts bug. Maybe should do it soon, the problem is with configuring shortcuts, provided that there no conflicts prompted by a warning sign:

1. setting alt + delete (or ctrl delete) as the shortcut, for example, will just delete the layer and not perform the fill (even if it doesn’t conflict with other shortcuts)

2. Setting it as alt enter (or an another one with enter) will not perform anything.

Will capture a video to first double check that it is a bug (and tagged as so), and that it is affinity photo v2 (hence not feedback for v1).

And no, I dislike photoshop and adobe ways in general, that’s why I’m moving away… but I can’t put familiar shortcuts to ease the move, it’s definitely a friction point at least? But these don’t have to be the default forced on everyone, I’ll give you that.

Thanks. Yes, with that description I can see that I misunderstood you, and how this would be a bug.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 8 months later...