You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize by percentage (split)

6 minutes ago, MerrySherry said:

I need to be able to do a finer adjustment than percentages that are whole numbers. Is that possible? I'm not finding any way to do that. When I try, it just reverts to the next highest whole number. Thanks!

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

(I see that a Moderator has split your post off from some other topic. If you were Following that topic, you may want to also Follow this one. You can do that by clicking the Follow button at the top of the topic (if you're using a browser with a big enough window) or at the bottom of the topic (if you have a small browser window), or you can click here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=notifications&do=follow&follow_app=forums&follow_area=topic&follow_id=179852 )

If you're referring to resizing an object by using the Transform panel, you can use an expression like w*1.23456789 to increase the width by 23.456789 percent.

Or you can even use expressions like *23.45% or *123.456% if you want.

I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, so if it doesn't help please provide more details of what you're trying to do.

Note, too, that you may want to open your application Preferences, and in the User Interface section increase the number of decimal places that are displayed for various unit types. This only controls the display values; calculations are done with 8 decimal place precision, I believe.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi @MerrySherry,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

What value do you want to adjust and how do you check the result?

For instance in the Transform Panel you can work with decimals of percentage, regardless what result is displayed in the field. In the app prefrences you may set to get up to 6 decimals displayed, and you may alter the displayed unit to make a tiny change more obvious.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1