You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there an easy way to jump between text and endnotes?

Pretty much what it says... is there an easy way, like a keyboard shortcut, to quickly jump between the text entry and its endnote and vice versa?

I know in Word you can just double-click the number to switch between positions. Is there as similar shortcut in Publisher?

**edit  - never mind, I just found it!🤐**

Grahame

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core 3.6GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GeForce RTX-3060ti GPU, 64-Bit Windows 11
Affinity Publisher/ Designer/ Photo 1.10.6.1665 and 2.4.1

"I don't do fruit-based technology."

• 3 weeks later...

Just for others looking for this, you can click the Go to Note Body/Reference buttons in the Notes panel or choose them from the Text > Notes menu. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to the menu commands if you like.

For Serif: "Goto" should be written as "Go to" in the menu commands. It's correct in the Notes panel. Also, it would be nicer to combine the two buttons and commands as a toggle. A single "Go to Note" command would let us move back and forth between the note body and note reference with a single keyboard shortcut.

637124557_Screenshot2023-02-15at9_31_30AM.png.61eb29aed11336549e851e2e56ec04ca.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff
22 hours ago, MikeTO said:

For Serif: "Goto" should be written as "Go to" in the menu commands. It's correct in the Notes panel.

637124557_Screenshot2023-02-15at9_31_30AM.png.61eb29aed11336549e851e2e56ec04ca.png

I've logged this with our developers to be fixed. Thanks for letting us know :)

22 hours ago, MikeTO said:

Also, it would be nicer to combine the two buttons and commands as a toggle. A single "Go to Note" command would let us move back and forth between the note body and note reference with a single keyboard shortcut.

Feel free to add to the Feedback section.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Grammar correction to Context Menu > Notes > Goto Note Body/Goto Note Reference" (REF: AFB-7325) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1720".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.