You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panorama Rendering creates lined sky

Hi I'd be grateful if anyone could help solve this, to me, a mystery.

Panoramas have always worked fine for me.

Now they are exporting with these weird lines on the sky, whether I render with fill or not.

I unticked hardware acceleration as someone has said that that means one doesn't get 'artefacts' which I was getting (random lines across edited photos - not just panorama), but that's made no difference.  What am I losing out on by not having that ticked?

Anyway lots of gratitude coming your way if you can help me out with this.  

Many thanks,

Carol

Test panorama no fill .png

test panorama no fill once exported.png

• Staff

Hey Carol,

Can you upload the source images to this private folder please so I can attempt to investigate?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/rI1AQklC2yXOzg5Y2nSQ

Disabling OpenCL will make some operations slower as this is what we call 'hardware acceleration' which makes use of your dedicated graphics card. I'd enable it again if it hasn't made a difference.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Hey Carol,

Can you upload the source images to this private folder please so I can attempt to investigate?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/rI1AQklC2yXOzg5Y2nSQ

Disabling OpenCL will make some operations slower as this is what we call 'hardware acceleration' which makes use of your dedicated graphics card. I'd enable it again if it hasn't made a difference.

Hi and thanks Chris, just uploaded now.  Thanks for the prompt reply.  Like the other chap I was getting the line artefacts and have had to use inpainting to get rid of them so think I'll keep the hardware acceleration unticked for now unless there is another way to get rid of the artefacts?

• Staff

Hey GOJIGIRL,

Sorry I have read my post back and I do not think I was clear in what I was asking for. Can you please attach the individual images prior to stitching and also the export dialog before you'd typically export?

It looks like there's some form of palette set in the export dialog which is causing this - I've tried my own panaorama and export and do not see the issue so I can only assume it's a setting or the images prior to the stitch at fault.

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey GOJIGIRL,

Sorry I have read my post back and I do not think I was clear in what I was asking for. Can you please attach the individual images prior to stitching and also the export dialog before you'd typically export?

It looks like there's some form of palette set in the export dialog which is causing this - I've tried my own panaorama and export and do not see the issue so I can only assume it's a setting or the images prior to the stitch at fault.

Thanks Chris, I've now uploaded the jpgs prior to stitching and the export dialogue - hoping that's all correct i.e. what you wanted.  Look forward to your conclusion.  Hoping it's a simple fix then.  Carol