You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Studio in Affinity

HELP!! 

Have had affinity from the old days of serif but having purchased all three Phot/Designer/Publisher and have them all separate on my system, would like to have studio on one app, at present when in phot and save Icon on system shows publisher symbol, I would prefer to have one icon to enable me to go from one to other, or is it me getting old ??

Can I redownload again?

simple pdf guide would help

Many thanks Ian

47 minutes ago, silvercleave said:

simple pdf guide would help

All three apps share the same file format so you can open a file created in Publisher or in Designer or in Photo with any of the three Affinity applications without any issue.

Is that what you are asking for?

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

You can use whichever app you want. Open Photo if you want to work there with all its functions. Or open Designer if you want to work there with all its functions. Or open Publisher if you want its functions, which will include most of the main functions of Photo and Designer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 hours ago, Seneca said:

All three apps share the same file format so you can open a file created in Publisher or in Designer or in Photo with any of the three Affinity applications without any issue.

Is that what you are asking for?

many thanks, but if I have a photo saved in publisher then later try to open it in photo it fails because the extention to the file name has been chaned to afpub

12 minutes ago, silvercleave said:

many thanks, but if I have a photo saved in publisher then later try to open it in photo it fails because the extention to the file name has been chaned to afpub

Launch Affinity Photo and then go to File->Open and then select the file you want to open.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

53 minutes ago, silvercleave said:

Or (on Windows, not sure about Mac) right-click on the file and choose Open With and pick the application you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1