You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newly downloaded Affinity suite is not responsive

Please help.
I have downloaded the Affinity suite, Photo, Designer and Publisher to my PC laptop Windows 10 version 22H2. None of the apps are responsive. Please assist. What else should I be doing. And also how to I register the license?

Thank You

Sandra

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @SMW.

Please confirm where you downloaded from and made the purchase. I'm going to guess you downloaded/installed from the Microsoft Store and did an in-app purchase.

As for registering the license: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi @walt.farrell

Thank you and thanks for replying.

I downloaded and paid for the Affinity on their website. Not from MS shop. although I started to down download from MS store but halted that and went to the Affinity website.

I guess that if I register the app then maybe it might start to work?

Thanks for your help all help needed.

Regards

SMW

Registering couldn't hurt, but shouldn't be necessary. It should at least run in Trial mode.

What do you mean by "non-responsive"? Can you provide any further description?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi,

This is what I get for all the programmes after I download, install and launch, this as far as it goes: 

When I go to click on it says programme not responsive and offers the choice to leave or wait. I have uninstalled and repeated teh down load bu tit is the same. 

Maybe if I restart the PC?

image.png

Maybe try this:

Hold down the CTRL key when you start Affinity Publisher & check only Don't Restore Window & Documents, then click the Clear button.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello @R C-R

It is completely unresponsive.  Holding down the Ctrl button does nothing. Nothing comes up. Holding down Ctrl and right click nothing,Ctrl and left click - nothing.

Is it an issue with my laptop?

I cannot register the licence until the programme launches but it is not launching. It is just not doing anything. 

It show as a newly downloaded programme but nothing is happening.

Frustrating

17 minutes ago, SMW said:

It is completely unresponsive.  Holding down the Ctrl button does nothing.

You must hold down the CTRL key when starting up the app, before the screen showing the title & version appears. So try making sure the app is not running, then hold down the CTRL ley & start it up. Do not release the CTRL key until the reset window appears.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello @R C-R

So I did the first bit and the Affinity resets came up. I ticked/checked the don't restore windows and unchecked the others. 

Then I clicked on Affinity Publisher whilst holding down the Ctrl button and nothing.

....... :(

Should I contact the Affinity group?

1 hour ago, SMW said:

Should I contact the Affinity group?

This is the Affinity user support forum, if that is what you mean by group. The staff will get to your issue as quickly as they can if other users do not offer adequate help for solving your problem. (Note the red banner at the top of the page about response times.)

BTW, once you set any of the reset options, you do not need to hold down the CTRL key any longer. Just click the clear button & the app should start automatically.

Affinity Photo 

OK, thanks.

Tried your suggestions and nothing has worked. I must have done something wrong somewhere or missed a step in the downloading process. I don't know. 

I am not a tech person. I have paid my money and need the programme. 

I am unclear if registration means more than just having a password and user name on the Affinity Website, which I have.

I will wait a bit longer. No choice really. Thanks for your help

@R C-R @walt.farrell

1 hour ago, SMW said:

OK, thanks.

Tried your suggestions and nothing has worked. I must have done something wrong somewhere or missed a step in the downloading process. I don't know. 

I am not a tech person. I have paid my money and need the programme. 

I am unclear if registration means more than just having a password and user name on the Affinity Website, which I have.

I will wait a bit longer. No choice really. Thanks for your help

@R C-R @walt.farrell

There is a new version: 2.0.4. Maybe give it a try?

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

7 hours ago, debraspicher said:

There is a new version?? So why are they giving me and old version? Where do I find the new version 2.0.4?

Maybe I hit a scam website and they have given me a false programme that is eating through my system as I type this. 

I am baffled and a bit grumpy about it all. :(

Waiting to be rescued from this dilemma.

7 hours ago, debraspicher said:

I have looked through the topics and I it seems I am the only one with this particular issue. It hasn't crashed, there are no error messages. It must have something to do with the downloading or registration or payment or Windows or ... I don't know. I am in the UK is that the problem?

I will uninstall and restart for the last time and see if that helps.

I don't know how to get V2 2.0.4. Something about sandboxing...???

Attached screenshots of the issues I have.

I hope it can be sorted soon.

Screenshot (637).png

Screenshot (638).png

Screenshot (640).png

41 minutes ago, SMW said:

Il y a une nouvelle version ??

The new version was made available yesterday. Look here on the “News and Information” thread: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/170203-latest-affinity-v2-releases-on-each-platform-by-store/

Otherwise you can find all the information on your purchases on the site https://affinity.serif.com/ by logging into "your account". (see my screenshot below)

image.thumb.png.c23a950b4629bea1cbcf6ad929a448f2.png

5 minutes ago, SMW said:

Un utilisateur a dit qu'il y a une version plus récente V2.0.4 J'ai V2.0.3

Yes, that's what I told you in my previous message, a new version 2.0.4 has been available since yesterday. You can download it from your account on the affinity site or on the link I gave you: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/170203-latest-affinity-v2-releases-on-each-platform-by-store/&do=findComment&comment=1039198 

I have been watching this thread for a couple of days now...I am sure a moderator will be along to help you soon. I believe they are extremely busy at the moment. Must be really frustrating not being able to get the apps to run!

In the meantime it might be worth posting your hardware specifications in your forum signature. just to see if there are any visible known conflicts there. Also. Read under an earlier comment that you attempted to install via Microsoft Store and cancelled the download. Not sure what the issue is but if you haven't already!...

Possibilities
There is a list of FAQ + issues here
Check this one out (app already installed) here Check in apps and make sure no conflict
Could be a conflict with third party applications This is an old thread but worth a look may be an updated version!
Could be anti-Virus or Firewall issue
Could be Font issue
Could be graphics card and driver update issue
or

Something else!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

You can also find the MSI installer in the account page (it's towards the bottom ) where your downloads are. This is a different installer and does not install the same as the other "default" (MSIX) (i.e. unsandboxed). I really recommend to uninstall the current version because telling apart the MSIX vs MSI version can be challenging depending on how you typically open your programs. So you may accidentally open up the old one without realizing. To make it easier, maybe just uninstall one of them and run the new MSI installer for the one you uninstalled. Then open to test.

I'll even screen grab so you can see where to find it on the page:

image.thumb.png.a8ed5011ff513d406f226f8fb43e09ca.png

230128_screen-grab-grab-msi-installers.gif.2170d5ee87ff12f77f25ba2ee02febae.gif

Please let us know if that alleviates the issue.

Also, I'm sorry you are having this issue. Tech can be frustrating.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

Oh, Ok, Thank you both., @StuartRcand @debraspicher

I really am not a tech person but I will have a go at the MSI thing. There are no error messages at all except to say that that Affinity is not responding and to wait or close. It is installed but doesn't open. I hope that the MSI thing works. Will do it tomorrow when I am less tired else I might mess it up. 

Will certainly let you all know what happens.

Regards

SMW