You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm stuck on a project trying to make a single shape from two separate lines I made with the pen tool. I drew two independent lines with the pen tool, and I connected them with two more lines at each end, now I want to make a single shape that I can fill, but after drawing the two lines to connect the first two lines, I can't fill the area because I need to make a single shape so I can fill it.

How do I make those four lines into a single shape?

Lines.png

There are several ways you can do this but a quick option is to use the Node Tool (A) and join the selected nodes.
1. Select both lines
2. Switch to Node Tool (A)
3. Select end point nodes (Marque around end of lines)
4. Select the 'Join Curves' option on the Context Menu Bar:

Context Bar.JPG

To Help you:
Switch on snapping options:
'Snap to geometry of selected curves'

You can also add to lines by selecting the pen tool , select end node and extend the line to the position of the required join. Then marque the 2 end nodes and join

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1