You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am a newby but need to combine two pictures in the attachment. Both pictures need be as they are but between them should be a seamless transition.

Can someone tell be how to do this? I couldn't find a post that covered this previously.

Thanks!

seaside

post-27195-0-55905500-1455208712_thumb.png

I'm not sure what you mean by seamless transition. Are you talking about overlapping & blending the adjacent edges of the two photos in some way? What effect are you looking for?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I'm not sure what you mean by seamless transition. Are you talking about overlapping & blending the adjacent edges of the two photos in some way? What effect are you looking for?

Thanks for your quick response R -R!

I am looking for a way to let the photos flow into each other on the adjacent side. Like in the picture below.

image-desaturated.jpg

I looked for information on overlapping / blending but only got how-tos on stacking images.

It could be difficult to get the same effect for the photos in your attachment because there isn't much in one that naturally flows into anything in the other, but one general approach would be to overlap the two & 'paint' parts of that area in each photo with the eraser set to a low opacity value & low hardness setting.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

It´s actually verry easy to achieve a transition like in the black/ white image.

Just let the two pictures overlap a bit

add a mask to one of them

add a gradient to the mask

masks in general are described here

https://vimeo.com/130972598

gradient tool is in the left vertical toolbar, make sure you select the mask before you apply the gradient 

- you might want to cool down the right picture a bit (add some blue using white balance or curves or selective color)... or add some reds to warm up the left image a bit

here is  nice take on adjustment layers https://vimeo.com/130972458

hope that helps