You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer v2 2.0.3 MSI Warped text error

thegary

Hello,

Two images attached.

First one shows black warped text. layer was duplicated and converted to curves. Then outline added. The outline doesn't conform to what the warped text was in Black.

Gary

Designer_2023-01-25_11-34-28.png

Designer_2023-01-25_11-34-36.png

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @thegary,

I've not been able to replicate this using your font on 2.0.4,

If I add a warp group to the text > duplicate > convert to curves > add stroke the stroke correctly follows my text path, could you confirm if this is the same if you repeat these steps in 2.0.4?

If it still fails, could you provide me with a sample file with the issue? I can provide an upload link if needed.

4 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hi @thegary,

If I add a warp group to the text > duplicate > convert to curves > add stroke the stroke correctly follows my text path, could you confirm if this is the same if you repeat these steps in 2.0.4?

If it still fails, could you provide me with a sample file with the issue? I can provide an upload link if needed.

@NathanC

I haven't check this yet. Been away from computer. I will try and and get back to you all.

Thanks for trying. Hope its fixed.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

5 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hi @thegary,

@NathanC

Hello Nathan,

I have attached a video of the text still not rendering correctly and the steps i took to recreate. Seems  better than 2.0.3 , but still not converting correctly.

I even copied and pasted into new blank document to see if it would and it did. As shown in video below.

Thanks

Gary

• Staff

Hi @thegary,

I'm still not having much success with replicating this, following the convert to curves the stroke is not being distorted like what's being shown in your recording.

In this circumstance I would be grateful if you could provide me with a sample file where you've replicated this from scratch with 'Save with History' enabled (File > Save History With Document) and upload it to the dropbox link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/otMRg30ohXdwBZkeauid

Many thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hi @thegary,

I'm still not having much success with replicating this, following the convert to curves the stroke is not being distorted like what's being shown in your recording.

In this circumstance I would be grateful if you could provide me with a sample file where you've replicated this from scratch with 'Save with History' enabled (File > Save History With Document) and upload it to the dropbox link below.

Many thanks in advance!

@NathanC

The file i used to do this is the one i sent your for the redraw speed slowdown. But i will resend another for you.

Gary

4 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hi @thegary,

Many thanks in advance!

@NathanC

Hello Nathan,

the file is uploaded for you. History saved. 

Gary

• Staff

Hi @thegary,

Thanks for sending your file over.

I can replicate this using your document even from step 1 with you pasting the warp group in to the new doc, If i convert that first group to curves it results in the same convert issue. If I change the warp group handles/type this also doesn't appear to matter.

However, what's unusual is that I can't replicate this on a new artistic text layer using the same text properties and using the same warp group. If you remove your original text layer and try this on a new text layer in your warp group is this the same result for you?

25 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hi @thegary,

Thanks for sending your file over.

I can replicate this using your document even from step 1 with you pasting the warp group in to the new doc, If i convert that first group to curves it results in the same convert issue. If I change the warp group handles/type this also doesn't appear to matter.

However, what's unusual is that I can't replicate this on a new artistic text layer using the same text properties and using the same warp group. If you remove your original text layer and try this on a new text layer in your warp group is this the same result for you?

@NathanC

I get the same result with a new text layer and same group. Even tried it with other font styles. It was worse in 2.0.3 and slightly better results in 2.0.4.

But still strange affect.

Gary

18 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Thanks for confirming, i'll get this logged with the developers.

@NathanC

Thank you for taking the time to go through this. Appreciate.

Gary