You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer iPad V2 stroke pressure reset

PaulDean

I’m experiencing a problem with stroke pressure reset. The user manual says to tap the chart to reset. It doesn’t work in my copy of V2. V2 works fine. The only thing I’ve found to do is start a few curve and push all the points to the top and the individual added points to the side. Thanks for any help. Added, later the same day. I discovered that in V2, iPad I need to tap or double tap a node in order to reset the curve. Slightly different than V1. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions. Thanks to all and have a blessed day. 

6 hours ago, PaulDean said:

I’m experiencing a problem with stroke pressure reset.

Don’t know if it’s a bug or by Design, but you need to tap on of the nodes in the pressure panel to select it (turns blue) then tap it again to get a menu. End nodes gets a reset option, added nodes have reset and delete options.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @PaulDean,

Thanks for your post and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that the behaviour described above is the expected behaviour, however there is the following to note:

• To reset all nodes in the Pressure panel, you can tap in any empty area of this dialog, which should show the Reset Pressure option only.
  • To remove a singular node, or reset all nodes, you need to tap the node to select it first, then tap once again to open the context menu, which should show both the Delete Node Reset Pressure options.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!