You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

User name and password not recognised

I purchased and installed V2 upgrades for Publisher and Photo.  I signed into my account with my username and password.  I launched the new program and was asked for my username and password but got the message that they were not recognized.  Am I being asked for some other sort of password, and if so what.  I would like to explore the new programs.

Good morning, I have a similar problem I think. My Affinity Photo 2 stopped working last night, on an iMac Pro. It continues to work happily on my MacBook Pro and the update to 1.10.6 proceeded normally. To return to the iMac Pro, the window asks for my AffinityID/email and password which I enter, a message in red appears Please try again in a moment. Several attempts last night and now today result in the same response. I then uninstalled the programme and reinstalled it downloading it from my account with Affinity so for that exercise my username and password worked OK. The programme installed but when I try to run it I am greeted with the same rectangular window headed Affinity 2 License Activation and enter my AffinityID/email, then the password, and am asked to Please try again later (in red).

Advice please. Thank you.

• Staff

@Lynne Stone

Can I suggest resetting the password, are you using a password manager? If so please manually set the password to something of your choice instead. Please only use upper and lower case characters and numbers with no special characters.

@TonyL8671

We've had some reports of this being connected to WIFI issues. Please try turning off your WIFI and closing the program. Please then re-open the program and reconnect to your WIFI. This should fix the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion and quick response, I quit the programme, switched off the hub, waited a few minutes, started the programme and restarted the hub. I also tried restarting the hub and then starting the programme, sadly I get the same response, screenshot below,  in both cases. I hope you can help again. Incidentally - no problem with the MacBook Pro which uses the same BT hub but via wifi, the iMac Pro is wired to the hub. Best regards. 

PS I I get the same result after hotspotting with the iPhone.