You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo2 crashing on color temp

BartC

I am currently trying affinity2 on my ipad pro in trial. It looks very promising and has a very good feature set. 
one major issue is that it keeps crashing when doing a color temperature adjustment. It is a bit worrying that this happens on such a basic yet crucial feature?? As if the release had not properly been tested. Even worse is that it takes this long for such a crucial bug to be adressed/fixed. Is that what to expect from Affinity? I am happy to switch from photoshop but i need to know that it will be a tool and a developer i can rely on to get the job done! Doesn’t look that way at first glance 

52 minutes ago, BartC said:

keeps crashing when doing a color temperature adjustment

You mean in the Develop persona? That bug is going to be fixed in the upcoming update which is reportedly scheduled for release very soon.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

25 minutes ago, BartC said:

It’s the ‘very soon’ that i am worried about?

My "uneducated guess" is that it might be a matter of days at "worst", as there will be also other critical bug fixes and a few changes – like the already announced *.exe installer for Windows – that apparently require some final testing. So "very soon" does not mean "weeks".

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

11 hours ago, BartC said:

I am currently trying affinity2 on my ipad pro in trial.

Keep in mind that today is officially the last "launch offer" dayaffinity.serif.com