You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2 SUITE

I current OWN all 3 apps. 

IF I “UPGRADE” to the “suite” am I then required to continually upgrade as a “SUITE” or can I decide I only want, or really NEED, to keep up on 1 or 2 of my apps.

This is EXACTLY how Adobe started their grift….that led ultimately to subscriptions….

Hang a group discount “carrot” then only allow upgrades TO THE SUITE….at the greatly increased SUITE price instead of much more economical individual price as NEEDED.

You are always free to upgrade only one or two of the applications. 

But if you want to use any of the functions where the applications work together (Photo and Designer Persona in Publisher, or File > Edit in <other application>, or sharing brushes/assets/etc. between the apps) they will need to be at the same level. So, if you stop upgrading some of them, they won't be able to interoperate with the others after that.

Also, there is no backward compatibility of the file formats today. So, if you upgrade to version 2 now, and version 3 comes out in a few years, files saved by version 3 probably won't be usable in version 2. (They might be, but I wouldn't count on Serif deciding to implement that function.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Great! Thanks for the quick response. Good points.

Probably just gonna sit on my wallet for now…..a useable auto raster>vector generator would have had me go all-in on Day One…. But having tried most of the suggested apps out there  for that endeavor and seen how bad the results were…I get that it must be a a YUGE technological hurdle for Serif….

why it doesn’t seem to be the case for Illustrator is beyond my powers of comprehension…..

Whatever….

Thanks Again!