You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting Slices Keep Crashing V1 and V2 of Designer and Photo

I am having an issue where the slices I create to export for our website will not export. I have tried in Designer v1/v2 and Photo v1/v2 and this bug continues to happen. When you click "Export Slices" the program locks up and you have to force quit it in order to restart. This is very frustrating as we are trying to export our website elements for a client site. 

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Hard to tell without any more explicite informations about how you've setup the slices, what export settings, where do you try to export to (local disk, NAS, cloud drive) ... etc. - Further it always also helps if you name the OS your are working on with the Affinity apps.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

16 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Hard to tell without any more explicite informations about how you've setup the slices, what export settings, where do you try to export to (local disk, NAS, cloud drive) ... etc. - Further it always also helps if you name the OS your are working on with the Affinity apps.

Thanks for your reply...My apologies on that...

I created the slices by going to the export persona, clicked the layers panel and selected the layers I wanted to create slices from. I then clicked the "Create Slices" button, switched back to the "Slices" panel and checked the two slices I wanted to export. I clicked the "Export Slices" button and after the window opens up to save to location, it freezes up. Again, this is happening in both Designer and Photo on both versions 1 and 2.

The settings were set to PNG, 1x and being saved to a local folder.

Specs:
Apple Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

4 hours ago, JayFree said:

... Again, this is happening in both Designer and Photo on both versions 1 and 2.

The settings were set to PNG, 1x and being saved to a local folder.

I assume you have already full access rights to that local folder. - Ventura 13.1 ok, seems that certain things don't behave well there for the Affinity apps then when trying to export. Can you instead save or export whole docs there into the same folder location without problems?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

3 hours ago, v_kyr said:

I assume you have already full access rights to that local folder. - Ventura 13.1 ok, seems that certain things don't behave well there for the Affinity apps then when trying to export. Can you instead save or export whole docs there into the same folder location without problems?

Yes, I'm able to save or export whole docs to that location. It just seems to be happening only when trying to export the slices.

10 hours ago, JayFree said:

Yes, I'm able to save or export whole docs to that location. It just seems to be happening only when trying to export the slices.

Seems there's something buggy then in relation to Ventura, you may want to look/search over the forums MacOS related bug reporting sections, if there's something in this context already mentioned as behaving buggy. - If there isn't already such a bug report thread, then you can create one there in decribing the problems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey @JayFree apologies on the late reply,

Unfortunately it sounds like you're running into a Mac specific issue on the export persona finder window which can intermittently freeze when there are synced folders present from certain cloud storage services, even if you're not exporting to them directly.

This is an issue that is logged with the development team, hopefully this will get fixed soon. 

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Export Persona hang in Open and Save Panel Process when Exporting Slices" (REF: AFD-5921) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1781".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.