You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BRUSHES - blurred & pixelated on iPad / Designer V 2.0.3

Amber_Mtl

Hi all!

Following suggestions, I'm reposting about this particular issue that is still present with the latest Designer release V 2.0.3 on iPad. 

The brushes panel is very blurred and pixelated. Brushes are difficult to see. I experience this particular issue on a daily basis. Upon restarting the app, it can be fine but then the brushes become pixelated again. It has been ongoing for me since installing Designer V2.

This happens for both add-on/custom and designer brushes.

Thanks!

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Works fine for me: 

image.thumb.png.2328ff2aa6f9c227f904a7436649c787.png

Perhaps something specific to your iPad (or iPad model), or to your Display settings?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt!

Thanks for your reply!

It sometimes works fine for me as well, until it doesn't, unfortunately. Is this picture from vector or pixel brushes?

I mostly work with pixel brushes.  I saw that I'm not the only one having this problem.

My iPad is  - Pro 2021 12.9" 256 GB/ IOS 16.3

Those were vector, and I hadn't realized there were raster Dry Media brushes, too.

But here are the raster ones:

image.thumb.png.6e1b2f1b0ca8edd45341f6002fcb3da5.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee, my iPad is : Pro 2021 12.9" 256 GB/ IOS 16.3.1

I use Designer on a daily basis on the iPad.

The reported issue was happening consistently. Since the last update (2.0.4.5), the issue occurred only a few times... So this is good news!

Unfortunately, I havent found a way to replicate it. It appears quite randomly and doesn't seem related to any specific activity .

Thank! Have a great day Lee!

On 2/9/2023 at 1:37 PM, LeeThorpe said:

Hi Amber_Mtl,

What model of iPad is this, is it something that happens frequently, can you find a way to recreate it?

Lee

Hi Lee, same issue is happing on my Affinity Photo v2 for iPad (version 2.0.4 - v326)

Ipad Pro 12.9inch 6th generation M2 chip
iPadOS 16.2

Not sure how to reproduce it, BUT to fix the issue, just quit the app and reopen it.

By the way, these noises aren't only on the selection display, but the actual brush gets all noisy. So basically, unusable (need to restart the app).

See here:

I had the same problem with Affinity Photo on my iPad Pro (12,9 and 5th generation, OS_version 16.2, 128 GB). I reduced then some of my layers, thinking the file was too big – and it helped. Only a short time, but the noises were gone for a while.
Does this help?

On 2/28/2023 at 7:33 PM, Amber_Mtl said:

Hi Nedde, Thanks for your feedback! In Designer, the issues appear even if I only have 1 layer (pixel layer). 

Have you tried closing all open apps and doing a Forced Restart of your iPad?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad9955c007/ipados

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "[iPad] Brush Panel corruption can occur with multiple brush kits installed" (REF: AFP-6132) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1790".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.