You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing padding text bounding box

Unless I’ve misunderstood your requirements, you can use Frame Text for this instead of Artistic Text.

(The bounding box of Artistic Text is almost always the same size/position as the visible extents of the text – I’m sure there will be some exceptions that people will point out, but this is normally true.)

Or you can put the Artistic Text layer inside a larger rectangle.

For better answers it might be useful if you can give us one or more visual examples and explain why you want to do it.

Especially for UI design the "Constraints" feature might help to maintain padding and other dimensions. Unfortunately the Affinity UI for the Constraints Panel has no tool tip texts and may confuse, but there are a few tutorials around, for instance this quite detailed one:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

51 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Unless I’ve misunderstood your requirements, you can use Frame Text for this instead of Artistic Text.

(The bounding box of Artistic Text is almost always the same size/position as the visible extents of the text – I’m sure there will be some exceptions that people will point out, but this is normally true.)

Or you can put the Artistic Text layer inside a larger rectangle.

For better answers it might be useful if you can give us one or more visual examples and explain why you want to do it.

Thnx! This solves my problem. Didn't think it would be this easy