You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to purchase Affinity V2

1/23/23 I attempted to purchase the Version 2 upgrades of AD & AP (I had purchased the Versions of 1.9.3 a 1yr +7mos prior) but I  also had issues using Discover. 

I likewise am from the USA & regardless that Discover IS indeed an option, it never went through. 

I received multiple messages in a Red Box (*see attached) stating "We're sorry but something went wrong while placing your order. If you continue to see this message, please contact support operatives who will be able to assist you further." (<--Ah, Lol, funny!)

I did contact Customer Support Operatives. A reply took nearly 2 weeks, before finally hearing from an "ANDY". Who was (& I'm being quite polite here) less than 'HELPFUL' especially for a CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATIVE!! In short, I informed him that I HAD checked for MBPro UPDATES! Checked for UPDATES on Safari, Chrome, Firefox! Logged Out, Shut Down & Rebooted my MBPro! Knowing there never was any issue with my Discover card or my credit etc. Then confirmed with Discover; the issue was not on my end. 

Andy, being oh-so-helpful merely blamed it on my Discover Card, regardless. Then I went on to use that very Discover Card later that day. Again the issue was never my card. I attempted this purchase on multiple days, times & browsers. Finally, I came to realize Serif/Affinity simply does not want to- will not accept Discover. Perhaps they do via a Pay-Pal / Discover transaction purchase, but not directly from Discover, not from where I am in the USA. C'est La Vie!

Oh and Andy... DO BETTER, the Affinity Customers deserve that, I CERTAINLY did!

Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 11.07.48 PM.jpg

Edited by AHF5Arts
added photo

Please read this thread which includes a reply from a Serif staff member, explaining why your Discover card cannot be used.   

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Ah, finally, confirmation from accross the pond! Thank you so very kindly emmrecs01! 

Are you also on staff at Serif? Or (like myself) just a user of the software? If you are part of Serif, may I request someone please share this information with "Andy," supposedly within CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATIVES. That he may comprehend the 'issue' is not with OUR Discover card/accounts. He had me retry things I had ALREADY checked prior to contacting Serif help and corresponding with him. The time-wasting, frustrating communication was back and forth for weeks. I shouldn't have had to GUESS this was the issue.                         ~ Regardless thank you for the link to the explanation.

I'm just another user, like you!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.