You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard Shortcuts problem

This is a bug. The Serif default shortcuts show Cmd+ but there isn't an unshifted + sign on the non-extended keyboard. You can press Cmd= and it will zoom in. If you try to press Cmd Shift =, thinking that means Cmd+, it won't work.

If you delete this shortcut and need to add it back with a non-extended keyboard, you can't type Cmd+, that would enter Cmd Shift= which you don't want. Instead type Cmd=. It will look different than the Serif default shortcut but it will function the same way on a non-extended keyboard.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

19 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

press Cmd Shift =, thinking that means Cmd+

On Swiss keyboard that would be cmd-shift-1.
Works for me on Catalina.
But since I'm also using Karabiner to remap some keys to NumTab via fn modifier, my cmd-+ is at fn-cmd-hyphen and that works as well.

That said though, I've imported my initital custom keyboard shortcuts into v2 from the v1 export, so maybe that makes a difference. I vaguely remember reading a similar report.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Strange I have not changed the defaults so they are already set to CMD+ and CMD- and works on the extended keyboard +/- AND the normal magic keyboard CMD= (+) CMD- (No need to press shift)

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

6 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

Strange I have not changed the defaults so they are already set to CMD+ and CMD- and works on the extended keyboard +/- AND the normal magic keyboard CMD= (+) CMD- (No need to press shift)

The defaults are great, they work both ways. It's just impossible to recreate the default after changing it if you don't have an extended keyboard.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 2 weeks later...