You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v2.0.3 - Incorrect Preview in PDF Export of Linked APhoto resource

nwhit

The APub file has a linked APhoto file as a layer. That resource is in a picture frame and has 3 adjustments layers added using the Photo Persona within APub. However, on export, the PDF preview has that image darkened in any PDF export setting. It exports okay, but the preview is wrong. Other export formats show the image just fine (JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc.) with the exception of EPS, of course.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 2.25.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 2.26.15 PM.png

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @nwhit,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm this issue has been identified by our team and is logged with our developers to be resolved ASAP - I will be sure to 'bump' this report with your thread now to bring this to their attention once again.

I believe that if you embed the .afphoto file, rather than link it, the PDF should export with the expected adjustments. Can you please confirm if this is the case with the document in your screenshots above? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thanks @Dan C. I was going to open and check for you, however I can no longer open any V2 apps. Over the weekend, I had to reinstall the system due to a bug from upgrading to Ventura 13.2, then do a Migration of my data back onto the drive. Horrible weekend! Now when I try to open any of the v2 apps, I get the activation window, but after entering my credentials, I get am error to "Please try again in a moment." And, of course, it never does activate. Tried all 3 apps and the same. Downloaded a new copy of Designer from the store and same thing. Did a CTL-Open (unchecked everything except to not open any prev docs) and still no go. V1 apps start just fine. Now I'm stuck! No apps at all! 

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 9.38.32 AM.jpg

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Interestingly, my v2 betas open just fine (Pub v2.0.3.1674, Photo v2.0.3.316, Des v2.0.3.3). Can see my account, etc., so not sure why the retail versions won't start.  The same retail versions open just fine on my MBP.

BTW, these are all Affinity Store versions..

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Thought I would check the Preview in the APub beta to see if embedding the APhoto file fixed the preview. However, I can't get a preview of anything, complex or a simple square in APub. Just spins. Previews work in the other 2 betas but not in APub, no matter what format of what document. Very strange.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 10.25.49 AM.jpg

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Also just tried restoring from Time Machine both the Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs and App Support folders. Nothing. 

And, yes, did try rebooting computer. 😉

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Okay, solved the Activation issue by deleting the prefs, V2 Group Cont, App Support files, then replacing with  same from my MBP install. What a PITA.

@Dan C Back to the original question: No, using v2.0.4 the Export preview is still dimmed for the APhoto pic even when embedded. However, as per my original post, the actual exported x4 PDF did come out just fine and the publisher/printer didn't have an issue with it. Thus, it's just the export preview that's broken. 

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 3.29.24 PM.jpg

Water Mag Feb 23 Cover.png

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• Staff

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response again - 

13 hours ago, nwhit said:

Okay, solved the Activation issue by deleting the prefs, V2 Group Cont, App Support files, then replacing with  same from my MBP install.

I'm glad to hear you've been able to resolve this, though we're certainly sorry to hear of the inconveniences caused. 

13 hours ago, nwhit said:

No, using v2.0.4 the Export preview is still dimmed for the APhoto pic even when embedded. However, as per my original post, the actual exported x4 PDF did come out just fine and the publisher/printer didn't have an issue with it. Thus, it's just the export preview that's broken. 

Thanks for confirming that for me, I've now been able to replicate this issue separately here and therefore I'm logging this with our team :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)