You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rasterizing Issues in Affinity Photo & Designer (Version 1)

When I right click on a png file and click rasterize (NOT Rasterize & Trim, just basic Raster) the file auto trims. I do NOT know how to keep this from happening. It does this on Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer both, version 1. I have turned Assistant on and off and it still happens. I don't want to change a bunch of settings because I'm still fairly new and I haven't changed them ever. It has done this since I've had the program, and I thought it was normal but apparently it isn't. 

Here are some pictures I was using to show someone the "auto-resizing" issue I was having and that's how I discovered its not common. The first pic shows my letter starts at 3000px by 3000px. The second shows what happens when I try to use the eraser and the assistant comes on (Its auto-rasterizing). And the third pic shows what happens after I finish erasing and click on my letter again. The new size is now 1414px by 2966px.

I tried a fresh new PNG image and just clicked Rasterize, same thing happened and the letter resized to 1414px by 2966px. I used undo to back up then tried Rasterize & Trim. Same thing, image is now resized to 1415px by 2966px. Is my Affinity Designer and Photo bugged or something? Is there a default setting that causes this to happen that I need to go in and uncheck? 

1.png

3.png

5.png

13 hours ago, Tonya1026 said:

When I right click on a png file and click rasterize (NOT Rasterize & Trim, just basic Raster) the file auto trims.

You have placed a png file inside your document that has transparency around the main object

When you rasterise such a file the rasterization process is designed to trim away this transparency and just leave the object

Rasterise & Trim does something different under certain circumstances but in this particular case they do the same thing

The first pic shows my letter starts at 3000px by 3000px

The second shows what happens when I try to use the eraser and the assistant comes on (Its auto-rasterizing)

If you have a specific need to keep the image at 3000px by 3000px but still need to use tools that would automatically rasterise the image (such as the eraser) then there are other techniques you can use to do this such as, in this case, adding a mask and "erasing" on the mask

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.