You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible for Artboards to share a background image?

This may be simple, and I've just missed it, but I can't seem to make it work.

If for instance I have several artboards side by side and one background image spanning the width of all the artboards, it seems like I can only make the background image part of one artboard or none.

Placing the image below all artboards in the layers panel, while visible, makes it appear in no artboards on export.

Is duplicating the image into each artboard the ony option?

• Staff

Alternatively, you could create a master artboard containing your background and then place all other artboards inside the master artboard. You will need to use the Export Persona to create slices for each artboard to export them correctly.

Thanks for the replies. I'll stick with duplicating then, as slices means multi-page PDF's are a no go.

To have multipage PDF I think you need direct Export form File menu.

You can choose Whole Document from Export dialog and you'll have a perfect multipage PDF.

But you need to duplicate...

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Master pages would be helpful although I suspect its a feature more likely to be in Publisher (as per Indesign).

Which if is the case you would set your artboards/pages in Publisher then open the project in Designer to implement more creative artwork then back into Publisher for heavy copy.

If Im correct this ability to open native artwork directly in the app suited for exact tasks is what will make Affinity a real master of all trades.