You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trial

Hi,

I downloaded the trail but it says "trial expired" but I haven't even opened it as yet. Please can you help? I need to appraise this for potential use for a current and future projects.

Also, if we decide to go ahead, is it possible to purchase the disk?

Many thanks!

• Staff

Hi Searches,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Do you have installed a previous trial before? If you did that's probably the cause it's now expired. I believe the current trial wasn't updated to 1.4.1 yet so it may be possible that we reset it again in the next update but i can't guarantee this. If not there isn't much you can do, sorry.

Regarding the disk question, no, currently Affinity apps are only available for purchase trough the Mac App Store.

• Staff

There should be a small update soon (1.4.2) to fix a few remaining issues with the current MAS version, then we move on to 1.5 but there's no ETA for it yet.

You can use Affinity apps on up to five computers for home use, or on two for commercial use, if you login in the Mac App Store app with the same Apple ID used to purchase the application in the first computer.

For volume licensing check out this page.

Thanks that's useful to know - I can see Affinity Photo on the Mac App Store site, but not Affinity Design: http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/apps/app-store/

Will the licenses not be credited by buying Affinity Design directly from Affinity? Or are you saying this only applies when purchased from the App store. If so, can you tell me how I might purchase it to get the licence as you describe?

• Staff

This license only applies to software purchased trough the Mac App Store.

Currently there's no other way to purchase our apps.

To buy Affinity Designer click here, then on that page click on the blue button View in Mac App Store below the icon. It will launch the App Store app on your Mac where you can purchase it clicking on the Price button below the icon on the top left. Still in the App Store app you can easily find Affinity Photo clicking on the link below More Apps by Serif Labs on the bottom right.

Thanks, so if I purchase via the link you gave above, that will cover either 5 licences for home use, or 2 commercial, correct?

If more were wanted would it be better to go and purchase via the Volume licensing link you sent from the start/ie. now? My Apple ID is personal, so if another in the company wants to use the 2nd ID can they go via the volume licensing link?