You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colors won't print

The colors will not print. Anything I make seems to only print in muted blacks and cyan. I tried multiple color modes and even tried messing with colors in Adobe after finishing graphics in Affinity. The result is the same. I bought this to primarily to use for making print items. As far as I can see now, the software is incapable of fulfilling this need if i can't print. I feel disappointed and cheated. Is there a reason nothing prints correctly? Using MacBook Pro.

Welcome to the forum @cmkme

Do colour documents print from other apps correctly?

Have you run a print check from your printer?

Do you have a sample document that prints poorly for us to try our end? 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

In addition to the questions that @firstdefence has asked, have you tried exporting to PDF? You could then print the resultant file from a PDF viewer if (and only if) it looks correct when opened there.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I tried many things. I can print from any software with any file that isn't created in Affinity apps. I created items in Designer and Publisher. Saved them as PDFs, which looked fine. Opened in Acrobat and printed and it didn't work. Also opened PDF in Photoshop and saved as TIFF and printed from Photoshop and InDesign after placing the tiff. Same result with both: it didn't work. I am on my phone and can't get file now.

When you have access to the file upload it or a sample of it and or lets get some screenshots of the settings you have in Affinity, especially colour profile settings, the layer stack expanded, any filters and adjustment layers that may affect the end result on export, or printing from Affinity.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 month later...