You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

bought affinity designer 2 but did not receive the program

So this makes me really disgusted already to be honest, i bought affinity design v2 thats currently on special, but as i headed to the download section of my account to download the program theres nothing there and i also did not receive any mail regarding it. 

i bought it and i expect to get what i spend my money on.

would appreciate feedback.

Are you sure the payment actually went through? There have been several posts from people where there was a problem with the transaction, and the money is actually "on hold" with their bank, rather than having been paid to Serif. If you're sure the payment did go through, it may be better to email Serif directly.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

55 minutes ago, steph737 said:

i also did not receive any mail regarding it.

Did you also check your Spam folder? This is an automatically generated email to which your mail server may be sensitive.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

yes i did, was in contact with the devs they told me that my payment was rejected but now the bank doesn't want to release my money because i need a letter from affinity themselves stating that the payment never went through so im currently still waiting.

42 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Are you sure the payment actually went through? There have been several posts from people where there was a problem with the transaction, and the money is actually "on hold" with their bank, rather than having been paid to Serif. If you're sure the payment did go through, it may be better to email Serif directly.

precisely what happened now my bank doesnt want to release the money before i can get a letter from affinity themself stating that the money never went through or into their acc.

50 minutes ago, steph737 said:

precisely what happened now my bank doesnt want to release the money before i can get a letter from affinity themself stating that the money never went through or into their acc.

Sorry you're having these problems, but. if you know that the payment didn't go through, you haven't actually "bought" the software and there's not much point in expecting it to be in your downloads, or to have received an email from Serif (as per your original post)!

I've never heard of a bank not knowing whether or not they have actually made a payment before, but, if that's the case, the only thing is to contact Serif directly, as I doubt if this can be resolved in a public forum.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

46 minutes ago, steph737 said:

Your bank will probably release it via their usual processes, which can take 7-10 days (at least for US banks).

But as suggested before, you need to email Serif directly, though I doubt they can say much more than we've said here. affinityorders@serif.com should be a good email address to use.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

yeah i sent serif a email regarding this and the letter they sent me states that they did not receive the funds but still my bank declines the letter as it doesnt stipulate the information they want to see.

what can i say south african banks are just full of crap.

thanks for the help guys appeciate it, another question would the same happen if i was to buy it throught the microsoft store?

17 minutes ago, steph737 said:

I really want this program because of its ease to use it and stuff, so i would love to know if payment will go through with the microsoft store instead of the one on the website itself

You can only determine that by trying it, as far as I know.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

It might be worth trying to pay via PayPal (if that option is available to you).