You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop Persona not developing on first images

When I click on develop in the develop persona I loose all the developing I have done and have to go back and do it again. It always seems to be with the first photo I import (CR3 file) and then it is ok until importing more and then happens again with first photo. I thought it may have been because I had turned off the hardware acceleration but it just happened again with this on.  It seems to have only started since the last update 2.0.3.  I am using windows 11 and have attached a copy of laptop specs. Was working great before update except for the occassional crash but turning off the hardware acceleration seemed to fix that.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 161044.jpg

• Staff

We did have an issue where doing some basic edits with some tools such as the Blemish Removal Tool would not save if you hit Develop using the non-destructive RAW Layer (Linked) option but this was fixed.

What tools are you using? Can you share one of the CR3 files so I can attempt to reproduce this, please?

Hi Chris,  I'm doing general processing in develop persona such as black point, brightness, contrast, clarity, shadows etc.  I have discovered since my first post here that if I only load one photo at a time it doesn't seem to happen.  I usually load several at a time though, as it seems to take a while to load so saves time to load several at once, it is always the first photo I start to develop that it happens too and once that one is done the rest in the batch will be ok.  I've attached two CR3 photos so you can also try this.

IMG_5389.CR3 IMG_5458.CR3

I can confirm this occurring. I tested first with Aileen Russell's images, then with mine (CR2). The first image does not develop, the second and subsequent do.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Wow I think you've just nailed what the issue is. It seems to only happen to me when I open more than one raw file. Whenever I've had a report, I only ever opened one - since you suggested it happens when opening two at the same time, I've reproduced it every time.

White Balance seems to be passed through but the other Exposure settings do not. If I combine White Balance with another Exposure setting, it fails.

This might vary per user but I've got enough to log this - thank you.

I've also noticed that the first one, where the adjustments are not saved/passed through, when you take it back into the Develop Persona, the settings/adjustments are not saved.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Just a little more info.

It's not a matter of 2 or more RAW files opened in AP Develop Persona at the same time. I tried the following.

• Opened a single RAW file, made adjustments, then Developed (Embedded Raw) it to the Photo Persona
  • Left this image open in the Photo Persona.
  • Opened 2 more RAW images into the Develop Persona, made adjustments then Developed (Embedded RAW) to the Photo Persona
  • This time the issue was not there, the first one developed successfully.
  • If I close/save the very first (Single RAW) before opening the 2nd & 3rd, then the problem is there.

1 hour ago, ultrablue187 said:

This happens to me too, even if I only have a single raw file open. Windows 10, CR3 files.

Should not happen with a single file

How are you Outputting the RAW file?  Pixel, Embedded or Linked?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Not fixed in AP 2.0.4.1701

5 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

Not fixed in AP 2.0.4.1701

2.0.4 fixed only the issues listed in the Release Notes.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1