You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shadow without visible object

45 minutes ago, JKSeiner said:

I need a shadow. But the associated object must not be visible. If I create the shadow and do not select a color, the shadow is not visible either. But I can't separate the shadow from the object. Is there a trick?

If you need the shadow completely, try using the blend options in the layers panel (Rasterise vector objects first):

image.png.0ce9ec791915f95a066748d401e3fe91.png

4 minutes ago, Michail said:

If you need the shadow completely, try using the blend options in the layers panel:

This does not work for a shadow effect, since this is part of the source, not the underlying composition.

For a shadow in full object size it may be easier to apply black + blur to the object.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Uncheck the box Fill Knocks out Shadow, along with dropping the Fill Opacity to 0.

fillknockout.jpg

shadow.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD