You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stuck in Loading Document

Does anyone have the same issue in the Affinity Publisher v2?
This is my second issues this week, stuck when opening the .afpub document.
This document has more than 1000 pages, file size is less than 9MB. 
I waited for more than 30 minutes and the document was not open in the Affinity Publisher.

I use Macbook Pro Retina mid-2012 dual VGA with 8GB RAM and macos Catalina.
The afpub document are stored in a local drive (MacBook SSD).

TIA

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 13.03.11.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 17.04.38.png

Native Turquoise 2023.afpub

Edited by cuplakadut

Your file opens on screen for me in 44 Seconds, with a further 105 seconds until Task Manager's CPU settles to normal

Although I can open your file relatively quickly, if I create a new one page document and try to import (Add pages from file option) just 2 pages from your file it takes over 10 minutes - so something is wrong somewhere!

You have 95 master pages with most being "attached" to another master page, which may be the underlying cause of the issues

I tried for about an hour to see what is going on but my brain started to have suicidal thoughts. So, I'm out!

Hopefully someone else can assist you further

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I agree with Carl123 in that the underlying cause may be the shear number of Master Pages being applied to other Masters and then multiple Masters being applied to individual Actual Pages.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...