You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select nodes with SHIFT while cycling (using [ and ])

I would like to suggest the ability to make a selection of mulitple nodes while cycling through nodes on a curve using the keyboard shortcut (the default keyboard shortcuts are [ and ] keys on a US and UK layout).

I think the ability to select multiple nodes by holding down Shift while cycling would be a useful enhancement.

As an example, I have a leaf graphic that consists of an outer edge, an inner edge, and the inner branchings of the leaf in the middle. I would like to select the inner edge sandwiched between the two other sections, but since the graphic consist of many nodes, it's cumbersome to select them either manually or using the marquee and lasso tools. Selecting successive nodes using the keyboard while holding down Shift would be a fast way to accomplish this.

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 8.51.35 AM.png

2 hours ago, Megnusin said:

I think the ability to select multiple nodes by holding down Shift while cycling would be a useful enhancement.

+1000!

2 hours ago, Megnusin said:

I would like to select the inner edge sandwiched between the two other sections, but since the graphic consist of many nodes, it's cumbersome to select them either manually or using the marquee and lasso tools.

If it's a separate curve – and your selection obviously contains 3 curves – then you can select it simply by selecting 1 node, then Select All. It will leave nodes on the other 2 curves unselected, even if the 3 curves are merged into one "Curves" object.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

On 1/16/2023 at 11:53 AM, loukash said:

If it's a separate curve – and your selection obviously contains 3 curves...

It's actually all one single curve, but what I ended up doing was making it a separate curve by breaking the original curve at two points.