You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity V2 (macOS) Window Stays In Dock, Does Not Automatically Appear On Desktop, When Selecting App

A difficult one to describe or search for, my apologies if it has already been asked. This applies to all the V2 apps, but not the V1 versions.

If, for example, I am working with a file in AFPhoto and minimise the window into the dock via the yellow button and then work with another app (Safari for example), when I return to AFPhoto by clicking on its dock icon, the minimised window does not automatically appear on the desktop (which it does with all other apps), I have to bring it up onto the desktop via the Menu Bar > Window.

Thank you, for any help you can offer resolving this.

Affinity Designer 2.0.3 | Affinity Photo 2.0.3 | Affinity Publisher 2.0.3 | MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2015) Mac OS 12.6.2 Monterey

Welcome to the Forums @Patriq.   I am just a user, but I am confused.  Your topic title says V2 but your signature says you are using MAC OS 10.13.6.  The two are not compatible.  Have you upgraded your laptop but not your signature?   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

1 hour ago, MikeTO said:

Hi Patriq, this is a known bug in v2 so it's on Serif's list. For now you'l need to click the minimized window's icon rather than the app icon.

Cheers

Thank you, Mike 🙏  I am not a frequent forum user, is there somewhere I can see a list of known bugs?*  I minimise windows into the app, rather than showing in the dock,  so hadn't realised this workaround. Having said that, you wouldn't want to see the number of apps and windows I have open at one time, which is why they don't show!

* I found the bug reports, trying not to be too lazy 😀 https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/73-designer-2-bugs-found-on-macos/

Affinity Designer 2.0.3 | Affinity Photo 2.0.3 | Affinity Publisher 2.0.3 | MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2015) Mac OS 12.6.2 Monterey

1 hour ago, jmwellborn said:

Welcome to the Forums @Patriq.   I am just a user, but I am confused.  Your topic title says V2 but your signature says you are using MAC OS 10.13.6.  The two are not compatible.  Have you upgraded your laptop but not your signature?   

Hi, an occasional visitor to the forum, in fact I hadn't realised I registered and first posted here 7 years ago and forgot about the signature details. I will update now, thanks for the heads up 🙂

15 minutes ago, Patriq said:

I am not a frequent forum user, is there somewhere I can see a list of known bugs?

No, I just happened to know this was a bug that has been previously reported.

Serif will sometimes tag posts with a bug reference number but you and I can't see the database containing those numbers. The tags help Serif but also help us know which posts are definitely on Serif's list.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Application (running) doesn't maximize when we click the icon on the dock" (REF: AFP-4836) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1857".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.