You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Crosshair too small too faded

Welcome to the forums :)

There's no way to do that.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Welcome to the Affinity Forums @OxeStone :) 

Unfortunately as above there is no control for this in Affinity currently, therefore I will move this thread to the Feedback section of the Forums for our devs to see and consider adding these options in a future update.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 1/14/2023 at 6:29 PM, OxeStone said:

Often, the crosshair is difficult to see on a busy background. How can we make the crosshair bigger, darker, thicker, or simply change its color. Thank you!

True, in times of AI, ChatGPT etc.. we may expect that tools/cursors etc.. automatically change the color, depending on the background.
BTW: does V2 finally offer to change the color of guides?

16 minutes ago, Fritz_H said:

does V2 finally offer to change the color of guides?

Which guides do you mean?  You can set the manual guides (that you drag out from the rulers) as well as the page margin guides from View -> Guides...

I believe you can do that in v1 also though the menu option may have been in a different place.

Just now, fde101 said:

Which guides do you mean?  You can set the manual guides (that you drag out from the rulers) as well as the page margin guides from View -> Guides...

Those guides I can drag from the ruler.
In Version 1 they are blue - not useful on a blue background...