You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DDS Support URGENTLY needed!

It's my own mistake, but I upgraded at significant cost to myself and my situation in the hope that the long requested feature of DDS support in Photo/Designer would have been done as part of the 2.0 feature set.

Yet to my frustration I find that it's still been ignored. 

This is such an important feature for those working with games on cross-platform that I can't underestimate it's significance.

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT ASAP.

This has been requested many times before.
A forum search for dds would show you this.
As per the forum guidelines, please do not post new threads for things that have already been requested.

Note: You could have searched the forums, for free, before upgrading, and saved yourself some cash.

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

This has been requested many times before.
A forum search for dds would show you this.
As per the forum guidelines, please do not post new threads for things that have already been requested.

Note: You could have searched the forums, for free, before upgrading, and saved yourself some cash.

Hey, Gatekeeper, explain how you think you’re helping? Because you haven’t said anything new, useful or empathetic, nor anything I didn’t already just say  Do you feel better for shouting at the clouds? Is your life improved by being a pointless, useless jerk to a stranger online? 

Go look up Wheaton’s Law. You really need to. 

3 hours ago, GreenGirl said:

It's my own mistake

Thank you for the feedback - hopefully it will be a good recommendation for other users to use the Trial version before purchasing applications (after all, as recommended by Serif, who just with the launch of V2 extended the test period so that the user can thoroughly test the product before purchasing).

25 minutes ago, GreenGirl said:

Because you haven’t said anything new, useful or empathetic

Given that the topic of DDS has been discussed and requested here many times, it is difficult to say anything "new".

21 minutes ago, GreenGirl said:

for shouting

You mean own post?

3 hours ago, GreenGirl said:

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT ASAP.

image.thumb.png.b8867d8048dd6954ff5a0617d61d0699.png

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

18 minutes ago, Fritz_H said:

after asking google that DDS means

Department of Driver Services?
Department of Developmental Services?
Data Distribution Service?
Developmental Disabilities Services?
Disability Determination Services?
Doctor of Dental Surgery?
Defense Digital Service?
Data Distribution Service?
Drinks Dispense Services?
DirectDraw Surface?
Digital Data Submission?
uh…
acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/DDS

Nurse! My brain hurtddsssss…

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

So it's apparently a Windows only thing, right?

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

17 hours ago, loukash said:

Its a File format and can be used in many different ways and on different platforms.
If you have something to do with for example Software/Games development where you make usage of Vulcan or DirectX, you can make usage of the DDS file format which means quicker Read write cycles (I/O) to the Graphicscard.
DDS is also a standard file format in the Film/VFX Industry.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | gumroad.com/myclay
Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

• 4 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 5:14 PM, loukash said:

It is a common format for 3D textures in video games and simulators, on both Windows and macOS. I use it when creating liveries for flight simulators and racing simulators on both platforms.