You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy/Paste into open document on Ipad?

Mandu

Paste copied content from Safari (clipboard) is still not possible. Option to paste is grayed out. Instead I have to save in files on Ipad or in Photos and import from there. Please make direct paste option available.

9 hours ago, Mandu said:

Paste copied content from Safari (clipboard) is still not possible. Option to paste is grayed out. Instead I have to save in files on Ipad or in Photos and import from there. Please make direct paste option available.

It works for me, with Publisher 2 and copied text from Safari.

What are you trying to copy, and which Affinity app are you using?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:58 PM, walt.farrell said:

Mr. Farrell, thank you so much for taking interest and I'm so sorry for delayed reply. I'm using new Ipad pro M2 and Affinity Designer V2. Any image I find and manage to "copy" such as screenshot, from internet browser image tab, Reddit, Behance...cannot be pasted from the clipboard.

The Affinity "" menu clipboard doesn't work here, but the iPadOS standard long-tap does.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I used Cmd+V, I think.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 hours ago, Mandu said:

Mr. Farrell, thank you so much for taking interest and I'm so sorry for delayed reply. I'm using new Ipad pro M2 and Affinity Designer V2. Any image I find and manage to "copy" such as screenshot, from internet browser image tab, Reddit, Behance...cannot be pasted from the clipboard.

900AA54C-FB2B-4ED6-B10F-21182C486999.png

B3D4B976-03DD-492D-82BB-E3C0800FA0DE.png

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

On 1/17/2023 at 9:12 AM, DM1 said:

900AA54C-FB2B-4ED6-B10F-21182C486999.png

B3D4B976-03DD-492D-82BB-E3C0800FA0DE.png

Thank you for posting your solution. And this indeed is working. I didn’t even know how to bring up that option, but then I realized it is the big circle button at the bottom left. However, what I was doing before is clicking the 3 dot icon on the top left corner where Clipboard, Operation, Fill mode can be found. The Clipboard segment with paste option is always grayed out.

5 hours ago, Mandu said:

but then I realized it is the big circle button at the bottom left.

No, just long press anywhere on screen to bring up Quick menu.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 1 month later...

Hi I get the same thing when pasting from gallery into publisher. The only solution is to save the pub file, close the app shut down the ipad and relaunch everything snd this only works for about 5 pastes. The I've got to do the whole thing again. Very frustrating. I also can't import from photos (publisher sees nothing - even though I've granted access)

• 7 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, walt.farrell said:

I’m thinking I’ve said no to permission to copy. How do I turn it on, because it’s a pain not being able to copy and paste.

Forget it. It’s that business of publisher not recognizing the Pencil, only the long press finger tip. 

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration