You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy and Paste Part of Curve Objects

While we cannot copy and paste part of the curve we can Reconstruct it. Make sure that this is set in the context toolbar for the Node tool.

1918904302_ScreenShot2023-01-19at11_02_10AM.png.41c3a2d4305f2c75e4178d7462fca21f.png

Say you want three nodes from Curve A. Make a new curve with the pen tool, just three nodes. Select both curves (use the layers panel) now use the node tool to select the three nodes on the newly made curve. Grab the middle node and drag it onto the node which would be the middle of the curve section you need copied. The other two will snap to their equivalents.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2023 at 9:02 PM, Old Bruce said:

... Grab the middle node and drag it onto the node which would be the middle of the curve section you need copied. The other two will snap to their equivalents.

Hi. Can anyone please explain this reconstruction in a bit more detail (video tutorial anywhere)? I can't make it work.

Thanks

7 hours ago, JariH said:

Hi. Can anyone please explain this reconstruction in a bit more detail (video tutorial anywhere)? I can't make it work.

Thanks

Sorry I can't post a video right now, but I tried it and I did not think it worked either, but it does - after dragging the middle node of the new curve onto the curve section you want copied, you have to hold it in place (do not release the mouse) for about 5-6 seconds and it will suddenly snap. Hope this helps.

On 2/20/2023 at 7:17 AM, JariH said:

Use the Node tool, select both Curves, select the nodes of the short line you need to be the copy by dragging.

Now you can move the copy away. I used the arrow keys here.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

My personal quick method:

1. duplicate
  2. select nodes you want to keep
  3. ctrl(Mac)-shift-drag the whole object to toggle node selection
  4. delete

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2