You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Love the suite, but PLEASE update brush behavior!!!

First off I have to say that I love the apps overall!! Been using since ipad V1 and jumped on the V2 universal license when it dropped. It’s an awesome suite overall and a GREAT value!! 

lol, that said there are some things that just leave me metaphorically banging my head against the wall… The biggest frustration I have is with the default brush behavior… (I’m primarily using V2 Universal on a 2019 IPad Pro w. Apple Pencil, but I think a lot of this applies to desktop versions as well). 

Frustration #1 There is no good way to see what brush you had last selected or recent brush list…  For instance, you select a raster brush, then for whatever reason need to switch to designer/vector mode… even if you haven’t selected a new/different brush or changed any brush settings, when you return to the raster brush tool the brush panel opens back up to ‘default brushes’. The same brush I was using before will still be selected with the same settings, but there’s no way of knowing what brush that was. There has to be a way to see your ‘recently used brushes’ or at least have your last brush selection remain highlighted until you select a different brush.

Fustration#2 There is no way to lock the size of raster brushes!!! I often use several brushes and frequently go back and forth between them… there doesn’t appear to be any way to lock the brush size, so whenever you select a new brush it opens to the brush’s default size… so then you have to manually resize it… again, and again, and again. Having a toggle or lock to maintain the brush size you want / currently have chosen would be SOOOOOO much more efficient. I don’t want to have to manually resize my brush every time I select a new brush, and I don’t want to have to edit default brush settings every time… I just need to able to pick a size as needed and have that size locked whenever I select a new brush. 

I know I can’t be the only person struggling with this… because if you regularly swap brushes while trying to create then you know the struggle is real. 

Any updates or solutions to these issues would be GREATLY appreciated!!

For Point 1, have you tried clicking on the brush icon on your layer?

image.png.98bd489fd83e251f7a0aef1c9aa6286d.png
There should be a list of used brushes and sizes.  clicking on one of those means, you get switched back to the brush and its size setting.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | https://bansheebyte.artstation.com/store

Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |