You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer V2 Struggling with copy and paste on macOS Ventura running on M1

This is happening lately. I wanted to record it to document it here because it's not been addressed before, and I think is going to get worse in time. In Version 1 I never had this problem and now every time I want to copy and paste I need to wait for the app to think before doing it. Like something is going behind the scenes before pasting. Here is a video:

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

For the handful of times this has happened to me, I restart Affinity to resolve the problem. I believe it's a memory issue. I wish I'd sprung for more memory but I only run into this once a week or two.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

10 hours ago, MikeTO said:

For the handful of times this has happened to me

It’s annoying man. I’m an Affinity apps user since their debut. I bought the Universal license without thinking because I want to support them and keep using their software. The things I am dealing with Version 2 aren’t not even main issues. Are small issues like beach ball from hell and crashing that is between me and productivity. They need to fix this ASAP. 
I’m even thinking to installing Version 1 again until these issues get fixed.

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @albertkinng,

Can you just see if disabling Automatically Adjust Brightness under Apple > System Settings > Displays improves things for you?

Also we do have a beta running and it would be good to see if you have the same issues with the beta.  You can take part in the beta by following the advise in this post.