You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello all together,

at first I'm very impressed about Affinity Photo, it' features and usability. Thank you for the really good photo tool.

I Have a question, regarding raw-file development, especial files from Fuji (here from my X10).

When I develop the Fiji X10 raw files the have a noise, that looks  a little like artefacts known from *jpg images. When I develop the same file with adobe camera raw from adobe, the noise looks a lot better, more random and no artefacts.

I have added 2 *jpg files to show what I mean.:

x10_raw_nise_af.jpg, developed with Affinity.

x10_raw_nise_ps.jpg, developed with Adobe camera raw.

both files have been stored to get high quality *.jpg's so that no additional artefacts are generated by the *.jpg export.

Any Ideas or what did I wrong? Please view them at 200%.

Kind Regards

Guido

post-27054-0-48394700-1454923016_thumb.jpg

post-27054-0-33471000-1454923028_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi 2d-subjektiv,

Welcome to the forum.

Affinity Photo does not apply any filters when a RAW image is opened while the Adobe Camera Raw automatically applies adjustments to cleans the RAW image.

The following link is to our video tutorial on RAW noise Reduction.

Hello DWright,

thanks for the fast reply.

I already tried a lot with the build in raw reduction inside the raw development. Even, when I play with the values for removing the noise, I get theses "artefacts" on my Fuji photos. When I develop the Fuji images in the Adobe software the noise pattern is more random distributed and has no artefacts - it looks more natural, like the grain from a analogue film.

When I open images from my canon camera (5D MKII) all is fine with the  Affinity raw development, so I think this is a special issue with the raw engine for the Fuji raw files.

I'm Waiting, here for an update of the raw converter.

Kind regards

Guido

Hello DWright,

again, thanks for yir reply. I did not try the extreme settings. I will check, and report here.

If you like, I can send you also a link to the raw file, I used for the test. For this you can contact me at: 

objektiv@2d-subjektiv.de
I do not like to post the link in the forum here.

Kind Regards

Guido