You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where is the bleed tab when create a new document?

Thanks. I don't know why they disabled it. Now you must to design in Designer, then retouch in Photo and export in Publisher, really?
I havent any problem to export from Designer, but i dont know the same image show with a diferent deep of color. Mama mia!

25 minutes ago, N.P.M. said:

Also you can use the personas(studiolink) when starting out or opening in publisher.
And there's also "edit in" option to switch between the 3 programs as a solo program. 

Mmm ok ok. I think I have forgotten many aspects, one of them is that everything is different now, I have found a solution. Thank you very much for the quick help.

1 hour ago, ljfm said:

Thanks. I don't know why they disabled it. Now you must to design in Designer, then retouch in Photo and export in Publisher, really?
I havent any problem to export from Designer, but i dont know the same image show with a diferent deep of color. Mama mia!

I think it is not really important to have this option in Affinity Photo for most users. That may be the reason why it is missing. Even Photoshop doesn't offer this option, as far as I know. But there are workarounds on Youtube for it. Maybe that will help you too somehow.

11 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

I think it is not really important to have this option in Affinity Photo for most users. That may be the reason why it is missing. Even Photoshop doesn't offer this option, as far as I know. But there are workarounds on Youtube for it. Maybe that will help you too somehow.

Yes, you have a reason, you don't always need to bleed in production, I think that printing programs in printers already add this when necessary. I come from the old school. If they ask for it, then I add it. 

Thanks!

If you want Bleed in a Photo document just make the Photo document bigger. This is the way we used to do it in the caveman days. You need an 8 1/2 x 11 inch cover photo with bleed? Make a 9 x 12 inch photo.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 1/10/2023 at 8:58 PM, Old Bruce said:

If you want Bleed in a Photo document just make the Photo document bigger. This is the way we used to do it in the caveman days. You need an 8 1/2 x 11 inch cover photo with bleed? Make a 9 x 12 inch photo.

Cool thanks.