You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bugs when adding adjustment layer/live filter to a mask layer (non-destructive mask editing)

ADRs

This is a simple example of the bugs, i'm using this setup a lot for my photo editing/compositing masking works in v1, and now all of them is broken in when loaded in v2.

Original mask:

image.thumb.png.e5b771ffc019e3854d67c91ffb350514.png

Results in v1:

image.thumb.png.e81ecfc3caac48684e5b7af4666aec9a.png

Results in v2:

image.thumb.png.ba26c7cc44ea6e7a6e4480b7ae75e479.png

As you can see in the example, the mask layer is disappear/inactive when adding adjustment layer (or live filter, eg. adding minimum blur to shrink the mask) to a mask. Disabling the adjustment layer/live filter reveals the mask again.

And this is the sample document in case anyone want to test it in v1 or v2.

mask_bugs.afphoto

If you move the Levels Adjustment Layer above the Circle Mask in the Layer stack it seems to work.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 hours ago, Ron P. said:

If you move the Levels Adjustment Layer above the Circle Mask in the Layer stack it seems to work

that could work for adjustment layer that have channel selector, but it won't work for live filter because it'll affects all the channel including the image itself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only solution is to apply a new mask to that adjustment layer/live filter

I encountered the same problem with a gaussian blur live filter. im guessing the built in masks of adjustment layers/live filters create a conflict with the mask layers

Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, B550M Aorus Elite MB, 48GB RAM, MSI Ventus RTX2060 6GB

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2023 at 8:39 PM, stokerg said:

Hi @ADRs,

Thanks for reporting this.

We do already have this logged with the Dev team to resolve :) 

It seems the issue is already fixed in teh last update, thanks! now i can completely uninstall v1👍🏼