You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac OS affinity photo2 quitting upon white balance application on cropped raw images

triv

dear af,

recently purchased afp2. I was using afp1 till date. my photo is raw shot on Nikon d500. when the same is opened in afp2 and cropped out and if try to do white balance correction afp2 quits immediately all effects correction applied etc all gone. it happens with any cropped raw images in afp2. yes it is proved error. now if the same image is not cropped and white balance applied it works without any issue. my system details are attached for information.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 10.07.15 AM.png

I have just discovered that this also happens in afp2 if you try to do a white balance adjustment on a jpeg image.  I have some scanned jpeg images from old slides and cannot adjust the white balance due to instant crash when the mouse button is clicked inside the white balance adjustment window.

Mine is an M1 Mac Mini running OS Monterey.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 16.51.14 pm.png

• Staff

In the standard persona you can still successfully use a white balance layer adjustment on a JPEG. The develop persona white balance does however crash as you say, sorry 

This will be fixed in the next update 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@Kristine78

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

1 hour ago, Kristine78 said:

Do you already know when the next update will come around?

We are hoping for this to be released next week (if testing goes to plan).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the 2.0.3 release of the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build this problem no longer occurs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd