You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer 2: Please Revisit The New Image Form

setting up pre-sets is ok but that landscape/portrait toggle gets in the way when you have a varied workload.  It simply does not need to exist.  We can create two pre-sets and label them -portrait or -landscape.

Maybe have it so my pre-sets are always shown too.  If I clicked heart the last time I use designer 2, the next time I open it, I will still see all the pre-sets but it will be scrolled down to where the favourites start.  Intuitively I'd like to see it present me with just the favourites. If I want to see them all I can just unclick the heart again.  That or you can add a favourites tab down the left.

tldr: get rid of landscape/portrait buttons, always show the pre-set as it was originally created and remember the filter settings for new documents from the last time the application was opened.

2 hours ago, Oatmeal said:

tldr: get rid of landscape/portrait buttons, always show the pre-set as it was originally created and remember the filter settings for new documents from the last time the application was opened.

I would keep the Landscape/Portrait buttons but I would move them back into the Preset's parameters area. 

This is something that doesn't really bother me but I am baffled by the change from version one. There are many people who want this and depending on the type of work they do they actually need it. But it is unavailable. I truly hope that Serif/Affinity changes it back to the way it was, even though I myself may never use it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

They can create a second preset and label it differently.

The  button can stay, but default the the preset orientation to what was originally created when selecting presets or revisiting the form. 

I have a preset for a landscape image and one for a portrait image. The way it is now I have to click that orientation button in addition to the preset every time I switch between them. Even if I've closed the program.

Defeats the purpose of a preset. 

3 minutes ago, Oatmeal said:

Defeats the purpose of a preset. 

Exactly. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I want them moved out from the current Apply this orientation to Each And Every Preset location to a Apply this orientation to this preset every time it is chosen (but still let me alter it as a one time thing).

92636497_ScreenShot2023-01-08at1_01_16PM.thumb.png.8083b3bb851a27d1b27be27d14b72669.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Oatmeal said:

Not in the 2.1.1 update either.

It wouldn't be. Given a version string of 2.x.y the 2.x release might have new features, but a 2.x.y release will generally only be bug fixes.

The 2.2 release (soon to be in beta) is the next place where it could realistically occur.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...