You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to create a polygon to form a final object shape?

you can set the stroke to inner stroke. Then it will not impact the outer edge. By default, all strokes are centred, 1/2 to inside, 1/2 to outside. 

https://affinity.help/designer2/English.lproj/pages/Panels/strokePanel.html

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Is that ok for you ?

Example the first triangle is 6pt and the second is 3pt…

image.jpeg.62f6673af287d9bc42bc4e619d46ab78.jpeg

The only thing I switched is the way the thickness is applied :

image.jpeg.cb0d7da93c867ae1c7a4d8720a5168c3.jpeg

MacBook Pro 16 pouces (3456 × 2234), 2021 / Apple M1 Pro / 16 Go / macOS Ventura Version 13.4.1 (22F82)
+ 31,5 pouces (2560 × 1440) + 27 pouces (1080 × 1920) + iPad (8th generation) / iPadOS 17.2 + Apple Pencil + 

Macmini6,2 Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 Go / macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 (19H2026)
MacBookAir6,2 Intel Core i5 double cœur 4 Go / macOS Big Sur version 11.7.7 (20G1345)

Licence Universelle Affinity V2 updated to 2.3.0

Basically I would follow @NotMyFault's advice here.

But since you said ...

I am unable to cut a stroked edge (thickness) without affecting the overall object shape

... I don't know if you meant to cut (subtract) one triangle from the other one here (?).

However, in case of a geom subtract of two triangles is meant, you have to subtract filled triangles and not just stroked (none filled) ones. To get filled triangles with round edges, let's say the red one, use the Corner Tool (select all triangle nodes and apply some wanted radius), then place a slightly smaller (same edge rounded and centered) filled white one on top. Select both filled rounded triangles and perform the subtract (you said cut is subtract meant?).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

The problem is that if I do the mentioned ways, the interacting third object will not be inline. 

I used the second triangle to resolve this challenge but failed to create the ultimate shape for utilization.

Basically I needed a no-color triangle with a 3 pt. Stroke ROUND EDGE but with 2 pt. Stroke Thickness.

Please help!

1 hour ago, Homoud said:

I needed a no-color triangle with a 3 pt. Stroke ROUND EDGE but with 2 pt. Stroke Thickness.

Like this?

ade_rounded_stroke_erase.png.f6df823841fad754274db42fdbe6af3b.png

However, note that the Erase blend mode will rasterize anything below.

Or rather like this?

ade_rounded_stroke_corner_tool.png.26eda8969cd8733de05e85a75bf8de4e.png

However, note that the Corner tool corners are not scalable: when you resize the triangle, the corners will remain at 3 pt radius. (Sometimes that's a "good thing", other times that's a "bad thing"…)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2