You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem in loading Affinity photo 2.0.3

Do you have other Affinity V2 apps running? If so, are they actually responding, or hung?

Do you have any firewalls active that would block local communications?

Have you tried restarting Windows?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

Do you have other Affinity V2 apps running? If so, are they actually responding, or hung?

Do you have any firewalls active that would block local communications?

Have you tried restarting Windows?

I tried but the problem was recurring. So I completely uninstalled the program and and deleted all folders containing affinity and then downloaded Affinity photo v 2.0.3 again and installed. Now the program is working. I have to now see what all presets are missing and brushes etc. I have no other installations of affinity earlier versions running. So I dont know what happened. My firewall is not blocking the program.

Thanks for your help.  I am just wondering what could have caused this.

3 minutes ago, vpkumar said:

and deleted all folders containing affinity

That suggests to me that you may not have installed the applications properly the first time – there should be nothing for the user to maintain when the standard MSIX installation is used.

How did you install the applications each time?

14 hours ago, GarryP said:

That suggests to me that you may not have installed the applications properly the first time – there should be nothing for the user to maintain when the standard MSIX installation is used.

How did you install the applications each time?

I used to just click and run the MSIX file.It will tell me to install. But this time it told ne reinstall and then said you already have a later version of the program. I was surprised, because I thought when you download from the seriff site you get the latest vesrion.

I’m not sure what has happened there as I don’t know what you meant by “deleted all folders containing affinity”.
If you installed via the normal MSIX route there should not have been anything else for you to do after uninstallation, as far as I know.

9 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I’m not sure what has happened there as I don’t know what you meant by “deleted all folders containing affinity”.
If you installed via the normal MSIX route there should not have been anything else for you to do after uninstallation, as far as I know.

By deleted all folder containing folders I meant. I find there are 3 locations  on my laptop which has the folder called affinity.  1. c:\programsdata   2. C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local  3. C:\Users\hp     I think all these locations get created when I installed Affinity photo through the MSIX file. I dleted all these folders after uninstalling affinity and the reinstalled a fresh downloaded file. Now everything is working fine. The version of affinity photo 2 is 2.0.3.1688.

Thanks for clarifying.

Some users have recently gone down a non-standard installation route of extracting files from the MSIX and they have come up with various problems which are difficult to diagnose when they don’t tell us that they have installed the software in a non-standard (non-supported) way.

It sounds like you installed normally, but some other issue was causing the problem.

Good to know that everything is okay now though.