You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher v2 is freezing and crashing during zooming in and out

FWIW I have this problem on macOS but I suspect it's unrelated since you're on Windows. I have it only with pinch to zoom and only on the first zoom - once it has zoomed once it's good for the rest of the session.

For you, is it happening only the first time or at any time? Is it happening with the tool, pinch to zoom, and/or scroll wheel? Do you have hardware acceleration turned on? (Try with it off.)

Good luck!

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 2 weeks later...

It usually also happens if you have a large file (both physical and in data size) and zoom in quite a bit. If you then zoom out by a lot, for some reason the apps fail to render adjacent tiles (it seems) and then freezes. Happens with Ctrl+Spacebar+LMB zoom with a pen tablet too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "App hangs when zooming" (REF: AFD-6338) has now been fixed by the developers.
This fix is included in build 2.1.0.1706 (or later) which is already available as a customer beta and will be included in the next release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please make a new thread referencing this one.