You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to reopen a project

NSqs

Worked on a project today.  Went to go back into tweak it and whenever I press on it it opens the second screenshot that I’ve attached.

Pressing the three lines the only option it gives me is to rename.

No files in files to export to desktop.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A619AC3F-FE23-4B17-9D91-0FE8722E97F2.png

6E6B6964-2613-452F-A4A7-C096360D5BF8.png

Does it open the individual image when you click on it?

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

4 hours ago, NSqs said:

Pressing the three lines the only option it gives me is to rename.

What version/release are you using? Rename has been removed in current release.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

2 hours ago, AdamSQZ said:

Odd that it shows 0 items where it should ordinarily show the image dimensions and colour profile....

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

That sounds like a good clue. Thanks! 

@NSqs: it almost seems like Barny Hartburn is a project, not a file. And that you haven't moved any files into it yet. But I don't know where that tile thumbnail comes from.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

18 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

That sounds like a good clue. Thanks! 

@NSqs: it almost seems like Barny Hartburn is a project, not a file. And that you haven't moved any files into it yet. But I don't know where that tile thumbnail comes from.

It is rather peculiar.  When i press the 3 lines i just get this rename option.

I think I’ve decided I will just reedit it as a new project trying to imitate the previous results.  I just want to avoid it happening again.

Also no sure how to delete it.  I may delete the whole app & start again.

C6A28A8B-241B-4574-9DF2-52F9B373FB27.png

6 hours ago, NSqs said:

is rather peculiar.  When i press the 3 lines i just get this rename option.

Yes it available in Project folder to allow changing folder name. So, definitely a Folder. It contains 2 files. Each file has a 3 bar menu too. These allow you to save the file (externally). Files in Project folders are not “saved files” unless you have physically tapped the Save option. 

Try Saving the files to an external folder. You should always do this as the internal Home Screen (live Docs/projects) screen was only intended for temporary storage while working on a file, not as a file management area.

6 hours ago, NSqs said:

Also no sure how to delete it.

To delete a Project folder you will first need to delete or move any file inside the folder. Deleting is achieved by tapping the x icon on the top left of the file/folder icon. Deleting internal files will not delete the version saved externally, so you can always reopen the file again.

Deleting the app shouldn’t be necessary but keep in mind that deleting the app deletes the local app folder and any content you may have saved there.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

19 minutes ago, DM1 said:

It contains 2 files

Where do you see that? The screenshot seems to show "0 items" in Live Docs, and when it's opened in the other  screenshot there's nothing there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Where do you see that? The screenshot seems to show "0 items" in Live Docs, and when it's opened in the other  screenshot there's nothing there.

Good point Walt. It seems the OP has reversed the order of attachments. I,e, “and whenever I press on it it opens the second screenshot that I’ve attached.”

The second screenshot actually shows two files.

It would appear to be a corrupted project folder or corrupted sandboxed file. It would be interesting to see what happened if another file was added to the project folder. If that other file was able to be opened then I would lean toward the first file being corrupted in sandbox.

• 3 weeks later...